It is Care's second brush with the law in the last three weeks having also been arrested for being drunk and disorderly in mid December.
New interim England boss Stuart Lancaster has stated that the 25-year-old will not be considered for international selection when he names his 32-man squad on January 11, while Care himself has said England stars must be whiter than white, particularly following the controversial World Cup campaign.
"I do understand the need for England players to be role models in the game and have tried to live up to that at all times, but have made a couple of stupid decisions in the past weeks," said Care.
"I would stress though that at no time did I think I had drunk enough to be over the legal limit. However, I should not have got into the car and have to accept the consequences of that action.
"I have decided not to contest the charge as I want to bring this to a close swiftly rather than have it hanging over my head for a year or more.
"I am devastated not to be selected for the Elite Player Squad for the Six Nations as I felt I had been playing near the top of my game with Quins. Playing for your country is the highest honour in the game and I will miss it hugely.
"Quins and Stuart (Lancaster) have been very supportive and I totally accept their sanctions. It's now up to me to get my head down, keep playing well and learn from my actions.
"I can only hope for the chance in the future to prove those decisions were the exception not the rule."
As well as being dropped by England, Care has been fined £10,000 by Harlequins and will be required to work on the club's inner city coaching programme until the end of the next pre-season.