Australia hooker Brendon Cannon is determined to represent the Wallabies at this year's World Cup despite suffering another neck injury at the weekend.
Cannon was carried from the pitch on a stretcher in the 70th minute of Western Force's embarrassing 53-0 Super 14 defeat at the Crusaders on Saturday, but he has not given up hope of being fit to play again this season.
"Definitely, anyone who plays in the Super 14 has that as their goal," Cannon said when asked if he still hopes to play for Australia in France this autumn.
Cannon's injury was not as bad as first feared, and for the 42-Test veteran the news was a relief given a similar injury he sustained just last year.
He added in the Sydney Morning Herald: "I've had more than my fair share of these injuries, and you do get a bit sick of all this.
"I'm just glad I'm better and what I suffered is no new injury, but a recurrence of what I experienced last year.
"So I will see my neck specialist and, like him, I am keen to investigate what is wrong.
"Nonetheless I am very optimistic, and hopefully I can get back to playing Super 14 this year, and from there on, see where it takes me."
The 34-year-old also revealed that once his injury concerns are behind him, he hopes to be able to extend his stay at the Perth-based Super 14 outfit.
He said: "I have re-signed for another year with the Force, and I want to honour that contract, not just this year, but also beyond this year."