Welcome to the event page for The Vodafone Lions 1888 Cup, Lions vs Japan.
The event has been building for months and we have a matchday experience lined up for you that will be like no other. We are working with a number of COVID-19 protocols that will have a necessary impact on your watching experience, however we have been working hard to ensure that, while the event may be different to a normal matchday experience, it will be no less enjoyable.
Here is some important information regarding what to expect on 26 June 2021 and the requirements that all supporters will need to adhere too, both for getting to the stadium and what to expect at the stadium.
The conditions of entry are as follows:
1. If on the day of the event, or in the 10 days prior, you or a member of your group has tested positive for Covid-19, displayed any recognised symptoms of Covid-19, been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or returned from a country which requires a 10-day isolation, then you or that group member should not attend the event.
2. Seating will be allocated as singles to ensure social distancing compliance. If you purchased in a group, your group will be allocated together as close as physical distancing measures allow. Please note all attendees, including family groups (subject to age restriction), will still be sat as singles, which are typically spaced three seats apart side to side.
3. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Ticket Terms and Conditions or BT Murrayfield’s Ground Rules, no children under the age of 14 are permitted into the venue.
4. Wearing of face masks at all times within the grounds and the stadium is compulsory, unless you have a medical or other valid exemption (as set out in Scottish Government guidance).
5. You may be subject to a temperature check upon entry to the stadium.
6. For ticket purchasers in the UK, the use of lateral flow tests in the few days prior to the match is recommended. These are available to order from the NHS website. For ticket purchasers in Ireland, there is currently a Government Advisory in operation against all non-essential international travel; details of these measures and PCR testing are available on the Government and HSE websites. For ticket purchasers outside the UK and Ireland, please refer to government advice on international travel for your country.
7. The re-sale or transfer of tickets (on secondary ticketing market or otherwise) is strictly prohibited.
8. Match tickets remain subject to cancellation in the lead up to the match if the lead purchaser resides in an area of concern from a public health perspective, as identified by the Scottish Government.
9. For the full terms of entry, please read the Ticket Terms and Conditions, BT Murrayfield’s Ground Rules and the Spectator Code of Conduct (all of which may be updated from time to time in line with Scottish Government guidance and operational requirements).
Over the next few weeks, we will be adding lots more information about what you can look forward to, including our live pre-game show, broadcasting to the stadium from our Lions Den studio. There will be live music, pre- and post-game analysis and a number of well-known faces from Lions Tours over the years. As well as all that there will be a number of ‘Treats in Seats’ to look forward to.
We cannot wait to welcome you to Edinburgh for this once in a generation moment; we are incredibly excited to have you join us and to share with you a truly unique and wonderful rugby experience.
Keep an eye on this page, your inbox, as well as our social channels for more news in the coming weeks. If you have any questions, please check out our frequently asked questions.
See you in Edinburgh on 26 June.