The Vodafone Lions 1888 Cup FAQs
The British & Irish Lions v Japan
Saturday 26 June 2021 at BT Murrayfield Stadium, 3pm.
Following advice from the Scottish Government and local health authorities, it has been confirmed that The Vodafone Lions 1888 Cup match against Japan at BT Murrayfield Stadium on Saturday 26 June will welcome a reduced crowd of 16,500 supporters. The match was due to be a sell-out, therefore unfortunately a number of tickets will need to be cancelled which will be done in accordance with Scottish Government guidelines and the Ticket Terms and Conditions. All ticket purchasers will be emailed no later than Friday 28 May which will confirm if they have been successful in the revised allocation process and can attend the match or not. Ticket purchasers who are unsuccessful will have their tickets cancelled and a refund will be automatically processed by Ticketmaster to the original payment card. There will be some new processes in place on matchday to protect everyone’s safety, which all ticketholders will be required to read and agree to; these can be found here.
Tickets were allocated as per Scottish Government guidelines, which were agreed with the Scottish Government during the consultation process undertaken to gain approval of a reduced capacity crowd at this match, as well as the Terms and Conditions of Sale as provided during the original launch of ticket sales.
Unfortunately, tickets are strictly non-transferable for track and trace purposes. You can request a refund by logging into your Ticketmaster account and requesting a refund. Refunds will take up to four weeks to be processed.
Due to the location of the advertising boards and camera operators behind the posts there may be some restricted views within our bronze category seating. Ticket holders who may be affected are in the first few rows of the lower North and South stands and will be advised accordingly.
Please note this allocation is now sold out.
Individual seats within the selected price category were assigned to ticket purchasers at the time of sale. However, due to the seating being allocated as singles to ensure social distancing compliance, seat locations for successful ticket purchasers will be changed. Seats will be reallocated within the original price category purchased and your Ticketmaster account will be updated with your new seat details closer to the match. You will receive an email once this has been completed. If you no longer want to attend the match you can request a refund by completing the short refund form (the link can be found in your email sent from Ticketmaster on Friday 28 May 2021), no later than 12:00 noon (BST) on Wednesday 9 June 2021.
Tickets will be emailed to you by Scottish Rugby within 5-7 days of the match. All tickets will be digital therefore you must download to your mobile or print at home in advance of matchday. Please note, match tickets remain subject to cancellation should the evolution of the pandemic result in a change to areas of concern from a public health perspective, as identified by the Scottish Government.
As Under 14s aren't permitted into the stadium due to the configuration, you can contact Ticketmaster if you need to cancel any tickets for those under 14 from your order.
Kick-off time is 15:00 BST. It is important that entry to the Ground is carefully managed to avoid crowds and queuing at entrance points. Spectators must only arrive at the Ground within the designated time window which will be printed on each ticket. Failure to arrive for admission to the Ground during this designated time window will lead to spectators being refused entry to the Ground
There will be no further public sale of tickets. There may be an opportunity for any returned tickets to be made available to ticket holders who were unsuccessful and this will be communicated should the opportunity arise.
If the match is cancelled or played behind closed doors, you will be entitled to a refund as per the terms and conditions of sale, section 7. We would contact you through Ticketmaster to update on any match developments and to refund where necessary.
A refund will be automatically processed within 14 working days, to the original payment card you used to purchase your tickets. As per the ticket Terms and Conditions you agreed to at the time of the sale, the full face value of the tickets you purchased will be refunded to you, minus the Order Processing Fee of £2.75. For answers to some frequently asked questions relating to your booking please read Ticketmaster’s Frequently Asked Questions.
If you are legally prohibited from attending the event because of government regulations and/or public health advice in place in your local area due to Coronavirus, you will be entitled to a refund as set out in the terms and conditions of sale, section 9. Please read these instructions, which explain how to get in touch with Ticketmaster.
If you are no longer able to attend the event for any reason and wish to amend any travel or accommodation booked through a third party provider please contact them directly; they may be able to rearrange or reimburse you depending on their booking terms and conditions. You could also speak with your insurance provider. If you have booked a package through our official travel provider, Lions Rugby Travel, please contact them directly. View The Vodafone Lions 1888 Cup Terms & Conditions.
- If on the day of the event, or in the 10 days prior, you or a member of your group has tested positive for Covid-19, displayed any recognised symptoms of Covid-19, been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or returned from a country which requires a 10-day isolation, then you or that group member should not attend the event.
- Seating will be allocated as singles to ensure social distancing compliance. If you purchased in a group, your group will be allocated together as close as physical distancing measures allow. Please note all attendees, including family groups (subject to age restriction), will still be sat as singles, which are typically spaced three seats apart side to side.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Ticket Terms and Conditions or BT Murrayfield’s Ground Rules, no children under the age of 14 are permitted into the venue.
- Wearing of face masks at all times within the grounds and the stadium is compulsory, unless you have a medical or other valid exemption (as set out in Scottish Government guidance).
- You may be subject to a temperature check upon entry to the stadium.
- For ticket purchasers in the UK, the use of lateral flow tests in the few days prior to the match is recommended. These are available to order from the NHS website. For ticket purchasers in Ireland, there is currently a Government Advisory in operation against all non-essential international travel; details of these measures and PCR testing are available on the Government and HSE websites. For ticket purchasers outside the UK and Ireland, please refer to government advice on international travel for your country.
- The re-sale or transfer of tickets (on secondary ticketing market or otherwise) is strictly prohibited.
- Match tickets remain subject to cancellation in the lead up to the match if the lead purchaser resides in an area of concern from a public health perspective, as identified by the Scottish Government.
- For the full terms of entry, please read the Ticket Terms and Conditions, BT Murrayfield’s Ground Rules and the spectator Code of Conduct which may be updated from time to time in line with Scottish Government guidance and operational requirements). Please read and familiarise yourself with these documents now and immediately prior to match day, as they include important information about the new processes which will be in place in the stadium. You also agree to make anyone who is attending with you aware of the terms of these documents.
Our website will be updated in the lead up to the match so please keep checking back. The above conditions of entry are important, and we urge spectators to familiarise themselves with these, along with the spectator Code of Conduct and BT Murrayfield Stadium Ground Rules. Spectators will not be allowed to take bags into the stadium, therefore spectators are urged to only bring such limited and necessary possessions as they can keep on their person as there will be no bag storage facilities on site. This is unless your bag is required for medical purposes.
Click here: The Vodafone Lions 1888 Cup Terms & Conditions