Australia boss John Connolly is eager to unite his new attack coach Scott Johnson with the Wallabies’ explosive backline.
Johnson confirmed on Friday he is to return Down Under following a four-year spell with Wales, culminating in his brief reign as caretaker coach during the Six Nations.
"Scotty is one of rugby’s true characters. He’s a skilful coach and will be a good addition to the structure," said Connolly.
"He has been under enormous pressure over the last month or so during the Six Nations, but he is an outstanding coach and he is looking forward to coming home.
"From an attack perspective he has a really good vision of how we should play the game.
"I know he is looking forward to working with some of the more experienced players in our backline, as well as the new talent coming through."
Johnson’s decision to link up with the new Wallaby coaching team has dashed any hopes the Welsh Rugby Union had of recruiting him on a permanent basis.
The 43-year-old’s determination to be reunited with his family has prompted him to take up the Australian Rugby Union’s offer of a three-year contract.
Johnson said: "I have enjoyed a life-changing experience which I would not change for anything. I left my family on the other side of the world to work in Welsh rugby and I have no regrets.
"The Welsh fans were always superb towards me and I will never forget the special bond they struck with their team. There is a lesson in that for every sporting nation."
Wales hope to appoint their new coach in time for the summer tour to Argentina and have already received over 30 applications for the position.
Gareth Jenkins, David Young, Paul Turner and Phil Davies are among the front-runners for the job.